Saturday 25 April 2009

RE RUN!

So here I am preparing my flyers to get printed again!

I cannot believe that John and I have to re run - but staying positive, here I am ready to go!

I really believe that I can make some needed changes and keep opening up opportunities at Leeds Student as I have started to do this year.

Thanks for all the support.

Check out my updated manifesto:


I am addicted to Leeds Student, and am passionate about the chance to edit it. In addition to the practical experience gained through my three years' commitment to the newspaper - as a reporter, Big Debate editor, and News editor - I have obtained valuable skills through working with the Regional Press and Radio and BBC Look North. Leeds Student is a powerful medium and I believe that I can take on the responsibility.
*********************************************************************
VOTE VIRGINIA #1 LEEDS STUDENT EDITOR FOR:
• MORE INVOLVEMENT: I want to quash ideas that Leeds Student is cliquey. All students interested in journalism, photography and design would be valued as part of Leeds Student
• MORE JOBS: I will maximise the website by appointing a website editor, and content editors for each section.
• MORE COVERAGE: With a bigger team Leeds Student will be able to cover your cause.
• MORE MEDIA EVENTS: To build on the success of the writers’ workshops that my news team organised this year, I will seek to invite professional journalists to offer real career advice and tips on how to keep improving Leeds Student.
• MORE FUNDING: I will continue to look for solutions to Leeds Student’s financial problems.
*********************************************************************
I will ensure that Leeds Student does not shy away from serious, controversial, or sensitive stories, delivers balanced, engaging and exciting content every week.

No comments: